Sunday, February 22, 2015

News!

I have been on mid winter break a weak all week. Having the whole week to myself and not have to go to school everyday or do homework every night has given me the opportunity to really seriously think and plan my 20 Time Project. For anyone that doesn't know, my twenty time project is to host a carnival/raffel to raise money for Alzheimer's awareness. 

Over break I talked to my parents about the commitments and all of the work we, as a family, will do to make this carnival happen. I will be having help from friends and family so that I won't have anymore money to have to spend on workers. After thinking about it, I have realized that, obviously, the carnival will cost money. What I didn't realize is how much. I am planning on hosting the carnival at my school and I really wanted to have it outside but having it outside would mean that I would need a tent. Previously I had mentioned that I would be able to get a tent from a family friend for a good price, but now I know that even at an extremely discounted price, the tent will cost A LOT of money, which I don't have. So I had the idea to email the Alzheimer's foundation for help. Whether they can help fund the event, or have advice on how to host the carnival for low cost, I think emailing them would help a lot. Currently I am writing the email but I am hesitant on how to write it because I don't want to sound like I'm begging for money, but at the same time I need to get the message across to them how important this is to me and how I need help with the funding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment